Course Code: NS1
The future belongs to those who can create networks. Sound networking abilities are essential in a knowledge-based society. In consequence, people with broad and effective networks are usually both successful and in demand.
Networks are here to stay, and will gradually become a larger and larger component the working environment. Networking is a sought-after, desirable and sustainable competence in our experience oriented society. Almost all individuals and companies have unrealised networking potential just waiting to be activated.
This course will enable participants to:
- Â Gain confidence when networking
- Â Understand some generic principles of networking in todayâ€™s business environment
- Â Identify key areas to consider when planning to network
- Â Enable their networking capabilities and implement their skills effectively
This course is aimed at all those who rely on interactions with others as part of their business activities to achieve connections and goals (be it sales, company awareness, relationship development or leverage).
- Â What is networking?
- Â Who needs networks?
- Â Links to influencing
- Â Creating a good atmosphere
- Â Body language and status
- Â Small talk and parallel talk
- Â The difficulty of making contact
- Â Practical exercises