Course Code: LDA/LMT/07
Frequently people complain about meetings, they are either too long, no actions agreed and often no follow up. This course will focus attention on what is needed to make a meeting effective and productive. It really can help save time, money and help stress levels if people feel their time at a meeting was well spent, that things will change / happen as a result of that meeting.
We cannot survive without meetings so letâ€™s ensure they are productive, motivating and make a difference in a positive way. This course can make best use of management time and let people thrive on what happens at a meeting not just survive it!
- What is the purpose of a meeting?
- Structure, planning, agenda, timekeeping, venue and note taking
- Personal skills needed to chair an effective meeting
- Leading the meeting, co-ordinating, controlling, involving
- Handling difficult people or problems
- Active listening, quality questions and summarising skills
- Actions, commitment and follow up
- Practical Exercises
- Encourage a structured approach to enable real results to be achieved every meeting
- Keep to the agenda and to time
- Understand the techniques for managing dominant and reluctant attendees
- Prepare and present information appropriately
- Appreciate the importance of effectively planning questions and responses
- Ensure that the meeting feels productive and positive to all attendees